Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a jenn-air model JES9800CAS with an issue. Power is

Customer Question

I have a jenn-air model JES9800CAS with an issue. Power is going to the control panel but nothing is heating up on the stove top or oven. What could be the issue?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
The only thing that will cut out both the oven and the cooktop as far as heating would be that the oven is only getting 110 volts instead of 220 volts from your house for some reason. First, try to just flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then pull the oven out and check power between the 2 outer power wires where it connects to the junction block on the back of the oven. You should have 220 volts and if not then you know the house is the issue and possibly the plug receptacle or something like that is faulty. Otherwise, remove the back sheet metal panel on the oven if you're getting 220 volts to the junction block on the back of the oven and look for a broken wire between the control panel and the junction block. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?