Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Oven works but clock doesn't when you push min sec and start

Customer Question

Oven works but clock doesn't when you push min sec and start time the lighted numbers do not come on to change time
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Cannot adjust clock when I push the min/sec and start time buttons simultaneously the lighted numbers do not come on
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And are you saying that the unit won't show the time of day at all no matter what?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Vee5301ss
And are you saying that the unit won't show the time of day at all no matter what? Also, that model number isn't accurate, can you look at the beginning 3 letters again?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Sorry I'm going to opt out and wish you the best, ***** *****'t seem to get the information from you that I need to help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The clock will need to be replaced, there is likely a capacitor that has failed and is not allowing the display to be as bright as it should be. What brand is the appliance? Can you please double check the model number or post a picture of the tag?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
VF808
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
What brand is the appliance?