Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a kenmore washer front loader model 110.45087404

Customer Question

hello i have a kenmore washer front loader model 110.45087404 and it started shaking crazy and my wife went to turn it off and just stopped and the door came open and some water came out and stopped working.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I took the back off and say that the shocks was broken and we replaced 3 shocks. and now when we put everything back together the door will not close and lock. what is the problem? can you help?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code? The more information we have the better, but not to worry - the Appliance Technician will know how to find that out.
Customer: it was not a code that came up. we turn it back on and there is still no code. we tried to reset with the drain button for 3 seconds but that didn't work. and tried to unplug again and that didn't work
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Appliance Technician so that he can get you a quick fix. Please tell me a little bit about the issue you're having with your appliance.
Customer: i just did
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello I am Appliance Guru, If the door will not close and latch the door latch mechanism is likely broken and will need to be changed out. If you press Start and it does not try and lock the door the door latch is likely bad for sure. CLICK HERE FOR PART All I ask is please use the rating link at the top of your page.