Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have this Samsung RF44287HA refrigerator JA: I'll do all

Customer Question

I have this Samsung RF44287HA refrigerator
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: after 4 yerars of use
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: water has started accumulating under the middle compartment that comes out
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
than it gets filled up and starts dripping down from sides
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 10 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the diagram is not it the panel that is there after i take out teh middle compartmetn drawer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
You must remove all the shelves and drawers inside the refrigerator. The panel is mounted to the back wall inside the refrigerator. It's directly in the middle on the back wall of the refrigerator you can't miss it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how much time should it take for me to do this? and is it safe to do?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
It's safe yes, just unplug the refrigerator first. It should only take about 45 minutes or so.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok let me start
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
jsut to reconfirm to you..water is gettting accumulated under the flex tray not the two deli trays inside the main area
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Yes I understand
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
actually I'm not sure what you are calling the "flex tray", but if it's in the refrigerator, then remove the panel that I told you already. If you're talking about inside the freezer, then remove the freezer drawer and remove the back panel inside the freezer, there is another drain behind the back panel in the freezer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
see this pic to know what i mean
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Yes that water comes from the refrigerator and goes down through the floor so follow the original instructions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hmm..let me take out the freezer drawer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
No, please re-read. I edited. The water from the back panel in the freezer would go below the bottom drawer. So that water has to be coming from the refrigerator and leaking through the divider panel or vents in the refrigerator to get down to below the middle freezer drawer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
so i shoudl continue with what you said earlier adn not take out the freezer draweer?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its not coming out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what to say. I'm not there so I can't do it myself. You may need a technician to come out if you can remove it yourself.