Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Customer Question

i HAVE A CONTROL BOARD THAT IS OUT ON MY ge oven - I can see the serial # ***** can't find the model number- any ideas where to look
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the control board doesnt
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: work
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The model number should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the oven door or remove the drawer below the oven door if there is one. If you're trying to replace the control board and you can't locate the model number of your oven, then just bring the control board into an appliance parts store and they can usually find a number on the board they can cross reference. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.