Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I Had a appliance repair man nwork on my whirlpool refrigerator

Customer Question

I Had a appliance repair man nwork on my whirlpool refrigerator he told me he had to replace drain tube because it was and he said he installed a drain tube heater>
I am concerned about this I have never heard of a drian tube heater
w frozen
ppo
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The heater is probably a strap heater that simply attaches over the defrost heater and allows the heat to keep the drain from freezing. See the link below. This is a very common issue and one that this heater strap kit was designed to remedy. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!