Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I replaced the control panel assembly in my Whirlpool double

Customer Question

Hi, I replaced the control panel assembly in my Whirlpool double unit wall oven six years ago. Recently, after a self clean job, the lights and buttons disappeared and are no longer working. The oven was clean and unlocked, however, it will not cut on. I wasn't sure if it was the control panel again. I was afraid to order the part because it can not be returned used. There were no error codes like before. Can there be any other reason noven isn't functioning?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! There is a thermal fuse in line with the black wire that feeds the control with power. That fuse is probably open. It is accessed the same way as replacing the control and is very easy to see as it is in a clear plastic bubble. It may be tested for continuity and replaced if found to be open. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't really see a part that looks like the picture in the link you provided. However, there are two black lines with a plastic cover over each which is plugged into a tan connector. Is this the item you are referring to?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
If you post a picture of the wires leading to the main electronic control I can mark it for you. Some techs bypass the fuse, so if you had the control replaced it may have been removed, which is NOT a good idea.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Actually, according to my parts list, that tan part I was talking about is the thermal fuse, part #4451354.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
That is an old style fuse, yes. Let me make sure that is rated the same as the one I linked you to. The breakdowns don't show that fuse, it is only shown on the schematics but they don't list a rating. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Does that fuse test open?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you mean, can I pull it off? Yes, and it looks just like the new picture. So, are you saying the fuse is the only thing that need replacing. Will I be able to get that locally here in Virginia?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Do you have a meter to test the fuse with? That is the only way to know if it is faulty or if the control has failed again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I do not.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will take it to get tested today, so I can order the part before 6pm and received it by Saturday. After installation, I will do the rating. Thanks until then.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
You bet, thank you! If that fuse is open, you should be set with a new fuse. If it tests good, the control has likely failed. Let me know what you find, thank you!