John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have replaced the transformer and control panel on our ge

Customer Question

we have replaced the transformer and control panel on our ge range hood model number zv750sy. what's up with this?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I replace the fuse and it works. I turnoff the light go to sleep and today it's dead.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
Can you tell me what the original fault was please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we originally replaced the control panel ( buttons). then we found the transformer was dead, now we keep blowing fuses.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So what are you thinking on this? Something is dumping a charge when it is off to blow the fuse
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So can I get my $5 back?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
I still need to know what the original fault was, why did you change the control panel or was it just the buttons that you changed?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We changed the buttons because they were worn and not reliable .
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK once changed did the hood work (I understand that later you changed the lamp transformer) but was the hood working after the buttons were changed?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes. Now it blows fuses after we turn it off. Sorry for being snippy
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK first thing to do is to disconnect the new transformer - supply side and see if it all works (obviously not the bits that are connected to the transformer - then come back to me, I'm sorry Im taking a short while to get back to you - we're overrun with calls today so am answering about five at the same time - Ian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think we are looking at the mother board as a problem
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
I would be checking the voltages to various places on the board its a fair amount to spend to get it wrong.