Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My whirlpool cabrio washer keeps giving me the dl code and

Customer Question

My whirlpool cabrio washer keeps giving me the dl code and will not wash at all.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There is a clicking noise as if it is locking and it appears to be locked but then it stops and this happens as soon as the water begins to start within seconds. At first I was showing the F1 code and I followed the instructions to repair it by taking the back off and blowing into the tubing, that worked .
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No only after the F1 code went away the dl code showed up.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,that error code and the symptoms that you are describing indicate a bad door lock mechanism and it will have to be replaced to fix that issue. If you would like the part number for the door lock and replacement instructions give me the model number of the washer and I will be glad to assist you with that, thanks. In the meantime: We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.