Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

While getting ice from the icemaker, the fridge just went dark

Customer Question

While getting ice from the icemaker, the fridge just went dark - no power. No circuits out in the home. Tried different plug, again dark no power. Freezer still plugged into same circuite and works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. ANSWER: This is a common issue pull the unit out and go behind it. Remove the small Square access cover to expose the main electrical board on the unit. There is a GLASS TUBE fuse on the board. It may be burned out or even appear to be good, but it is not it is bad. You can bypass it for tonight to get it running again with a jumper wire and resolder on a new one or replace the board when you have more time. Here is an image of what you are looking for. Now note if it looks good it still is going to be bad. CLICK HERE The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU