Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Good afternoon, i have a Thermador CT227n oven. I need to

Customer Question

good afternoon,
i have a Thermador CT227n oven. I need to take the control board out to get it repaired. I took the trim kit off the oven and i still cant gain access to the contro panel. I cant get the stainless cover off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
This older oven is fairly difficult to work on. You need to actually pull the entire oven out of your kitchen cabinets and remove the top sheet metal panel. Then you unscrew the board from the back and pull all the knobs off and remove the control board from behind the control panel and lift it out the top. There should just be some screws going through the side trim and if you open the oven doors you can remove these screws that hold the oven into the kitchen cabinets. Disconnect the vent if you have one connected going through the cabinet above the oven. Then the oven will pull out although it's very heavy and difficult. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?