Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Microwave Oven MODEL:R-430R. Has it's light, Am I

Customer Question

My Microwave Oven MODEL:R-430R. Has blown it's light,
Am I able to fix this at home without taking it to a Dealer.
Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
You can fix this yourself, but it's a bit of work and you'll need to pick up a T-20 SAFETY TORX BIT to remove the star shaped screws coming in from the back. To replace the bulb, you need to unplug the microwave and remove the screws coming in from the sides at the bottom as well as around the border on the back of the microwave. Remove all these screws and the outer shell pull straight back, up, and off. Now you have access to replace the light bulb toward the right side above the microwave cavity. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?