Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag microwave is Locked and i do not know how to unlock

Customer Question

My Maytag microwave is Locked and i do not know how to unlock it.It is a Model MMV4203DS00 Ser. No. CK01061638
Please respond, Peter Maxie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
For your model number if the control panel is locked, you just need to press and hold the STOP/CLEAR button for 5 seconds and the control panel should unlock. If not, then try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that still doesn't work, replace the display control board because it has failed. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?