Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need a heating element maytag dryer. Model no: MED

Customer Question

I need a heating element for a maytag dryer. Model no: MED B400 Vq0 Serial no. MY2913253. Type: DSLA-ELE-2406026-EL54. 120/208V 24A 60HZ. 120/240V 26A 60HZ. 3 or 4 wire connection
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
If you need the heating element, you can order the part in the link below--this is your heating element for your dryer. CLICK HERE But if you haven't tested anything yet, I would pull the dryer out and test voltage between the 2 outside power wires where it connects to the back of the dryer and make sure you're getting 220 volts to the dryer. The dryer will run but it won't heat with 110 volts. Now if the voltage checks good, there are 2 devices mounted to the left side of the heater. Test continuity through these devices and if either part has no continuity--replace it. If both parts have continuity then replace the heating element. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?