Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Jenn Air washer that won't start a cycle. ALl of

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air washer that won't start a cycle. ALl of the washing option buttons on the top of the door work, but the start/cancel button doe not work
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My Jenn Air dishwasher will not work. All of the buttons on the washer except the start/cancel and delay buttons appear to be working.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope, that's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can I get the complete model number please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
JDB-5
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, the model number is ***** JDB-5
Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

THat is not the model number, look inside the door opening area for the model number

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Soory. Here are the 2 numbers I saw inside the door.
JDB1080aws
35598094J2
Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

Thank you , give me a minute to look this up and see what is going on.. While I am checking, does the light on the start button light up when you press it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** be back in a couple of minutes

Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

I am back, your touch pad is bad on this unit, this unit is about 10 to 12 years old, the touch pad/control panel is still available, however very expensive. I do not know if I would put this much into that old of a dishwasher. that will be up to you..

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Click here

If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

Hello?