Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator model fsc23r5dsb6 has an

Customer Question

Hi I have a Frigidaire refrigerator model fsc23r5dsb6 has an e f code I replaced the evaporator fan and the control board but still has the EF code and fridge not get cold
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If the control and fan motor have been replaced, the issue has to be wiring related, Did you see any problem with the wiring or connectors? What was the number of the control you replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control #241511111the evap fan in the freezer compartment is running that's the fan I replaced
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is the correct control, thank you. Any issues with the wiring that you saw?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No issues that I saw what would make the EF light blink other than wiring, control panel and fan
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is a very specific issue in that the control cannot determine what the evaporator fan is doing. If the motor has been replaced and the control, it can only be a wiring issue (pins loose or broken off in the connectors, break in the harness, etc) or one of the new parts has failed, which would be very unlikely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a wiring diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or which wire's should I check
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sure! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Wiring diagram is attached. Evap fan is J2-Red/Wht 12 VDC +, J2-3 Brn/Wht is common. You should read 12 VDC between those from the board. Then J2-10 Blu/Wht and J2-4 Yel/Wht are the control wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rd/why and brn/why I have 11.35 volts and between the blue/wht and yel/wht I have variable from 3.87 to 4.02
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so that is right. So the issue has to be with the wiring to the fan or from the fan back to the control. Check the connectors for loose pins that may not be pushing together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old control panel part number is###-##-####was that updated to the###-##-####that I purchased
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, that is still an active part number. Is the model you posted correct because it calls for the one you installed?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure the last character is not a G instead of a 6? The G model calls for the 01 board.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The model ending in 6 calls for the 11.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I'll bet you ordered the wrong control, it is probably a G.....