Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our ice maker doesn't, the power light keeps coming on blinking

Customer Question

our ice maker doesn't, the power light keeps coming on blinking but there is no ice in the little trays they are bone dry, I replaced the filter re set ice panal but nothing happens, there is a soft kind of wisper like sound coming from the ice maker like a valve or somesuch is trying functionbut cant, the water dispencer works so water isgetting into the unit Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The noise is probably the ice maker control head motor not being able to turn. Are you certain the noise is coming directly from the ice maker?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no I guess not but I have removed the ice container then stuck my head in very close to the ice maker and it sure sounds like its coming from the ice makeer, is there apossibility that the ice maker part that rotatesto dump the cubes is somehow stuck? I think your idea that themotor is not able to turn is correct that is sorrt of the nature of the sound , when I speak of the ice maker I'm talking about that whole mechanism at the back of the freezer.,hope this helps.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. The ice maker is probably going to need to be replaced unless you can see the fingers that eject the cubes stuck on something. The ice maker is available below and simply unplugs and the new one plugs in. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!