Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

IS THE WHIRLPOOL DOUBLE CONVECTION OVEN MODEL Whirlpool Self-Cleaning

Customer Question

IS THE WHIRLPOOL DOUBLE CONVECTION OVEN MODEL Whirlpool Self-Cleaning Convection
Double Electric W...
Item #: 489713 | Model #: WOD93EC0AS A GOOD INVESTMENT? I hear it is being discontinued - a lot to do with fixing a LOUD fan noise?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Any built in oven, especially a double oven, is going to require a large cooling fan. The noise that is being reported in this model is actually the convection fan motor and a service kit has been designed to eliminate this vibration noise (part number W10308286). The cooling fan will make noise, there is nothing that can be done about that because the heat will damage the electronics if it is not dealt with properly. Unless you are extremely sensitive to fan noise and can afford to purchase a very upper end model (like a Miele at $8,000) then this one would be a good deal at 50% off retail. Overall, this model was rated a "Best Buy" by Consumer Reports and those that typically write about fan noise are overly sensitive to it or are replacing an old model that used mechanical controls that do not require much cooling because there are no electronics.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks - so how do i get that fix kit? Is it free parts? How many man-hrs are required to put the fix kit in?can installer of the oven also put that kit in?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
The fix kit is basically just two washers that are placed under the nut that retains the convection fan blade to the motor shaft. The kit comes with complete instructions. That kit is available below. CLICK HERE
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
I will upload the bulletin for you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
There is also a cooling fan blower kit for this model. See both bulletins attached.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
The two speed blower kit is available below. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THANKS - CAN I PAY YOU IN ABOUT 20 MINS? I AM TRYING TO ACT ON THIS DEAL B4 ALL GONE
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HOW DOES THAT WORK? IS IT JUST THE NEXT SCREEN? I GIVE YOU 110% SAT
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
The rating is at the top in the form of stars. Thank you!