Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have the same problem as the person on this page described.

Customer Question

I have the same problem as the person on this page described. All the light come on, on the dryer panel but, when I press start nothing happens except for a click sound within 4 seconds. My stepson and I just tried jumping the 2 blue wires but nothing happened when we plugged the dryer back in and hit start.
Below is the original question sent by the customer.
I have a dryer model #YWED6400SW1. When I turn the power button on everything looks like it works but the drum does not start. It doesn't seem that the motor engages.
What can I do?
I've actually already ordered the THERMA FUSE as it seemed to be (before trying to jump the wires) the thing I needed.
Now I am stuck.
Help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
If the thermal fuse isn't the issue, you either don't have 220 volts getting to the dryer (only 110), a broken belt, a bad belt switch next to the motor, or your control board is faulty. Test the junction block on the back of your dryer between the 2 outside power wires and make sure you're getting 220 volts. If so, then you need to take the dryer apart and make sure the belt didn't break. If the belt checks good, disconnect the 2 wires going to the belt switch down next to the motor and bypass the switch by taping a jumper wire between the 2 wires that goes to the belt switch. Try the dryer again and if it still doesn't work, you need a new main control board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will have to wait until my husband gets back home on April 11th. I am disabled and cannot check all of those myself.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
OK well I wish you the best and know know what the possibilities are. . Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?