John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a whirlpool duet steam washer, when I shut the door

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet steam washer, when I shut the door and press start it locks and then doesn't do anything. It doesn't give any error codes.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The door locks put the drum doesn't turn and the water doesn't start.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all I can think of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the complete model of the unit?