Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our ice maker is super slow to make ice. I mean very slow.

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a GE Profile, the ice maker is only a couple years old. It was doing fine and then it just stopping making the needed amount of ice. We live in Texas.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I turned the ice maker to off for 30 seconds and after I turned it back on I rocked the feeler arm 3 times but it didn't cycle
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
heck the temperature in the ice container area. The icemaker cycles based on how quickly the water freezes. The temperature should be right at 0ºF or so. If you're above 10ºF the icemaker won't even cycle. Other than that, make sure you're getting enough water to fill up the entire tray with ice so it's not just making half a batch each time. If all that checks good, the icemaker is just going bad and not sensing when to cycle properly so the icemaker would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?