John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Same as one customer wrote, my washer gave me "motor not rotating

Customer Question

Same as one customer wrote, my washer gave me "motor not rotating properly check and replace if necessary" after I ran the error code. Initial message was "there was an error detected with this unit" when I tried to start the machine. It would begin to fill and then stop. Is there something I can check (the motor) to possibly avoid a service call.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No, I haven't opened anything up yet. There is no longer a warranty on this machine, but I didn't want to damage anything or make it worse by tinkering.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
It sounds as if the inlet water flow has slowed down, and the control board is ending the fill cycle too soon. Check the water supply hose connector screens for debris. They are located in the hose connectors at the faucet end of the water hoses. If the screens are clean, check the water inlet control valve for clogging.Please let me know what you find. If you need more help, please send me the brand name and model number, so I can find the technical information I need to further assist you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.