Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a G.E. over range micro wave oven JVM1650 . The turn

Customer Question

I have a G.E. over range micro wave oven JVM1650 . The turn table quit last night and I suspect it is the turn table motor. The question is is ti time for a new unit or should it be repaired seeing as the unit is now almost 16 years old.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: If the unit has to be replaced what would be the model number of the replacement unit. I wound not be reluctant to replace it if it will go out again in a short period of time with the age of the old one in mind. What are your thoughts?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code? I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
The turntable motor is only about $50 so if you're handy and you can replace this yourself, it would be worth fixing in my opinion. To check and make sure the turntable motor is the faulty part, you'd need to remove all the screws below the microwave going into the bottom panel. The bottom panel will then hinge down and back. Now you have access to the turntable motor. Unplug the 2 wires going to the motor and use a multimeter to test power between the 2 wires. Turn the microwave on to heat and see if you have 110 volts between the 2 wires. If so, replace the turntable motor. If not, you have a bad relay on your display board and the display board typically costs about $150-200 so it probably wouldn't be worth repairing. Below is a link to the turntable motor if you need it. CLICK HERE for turntable motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?