Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refrigerator display is flashing 88/89.........How do I

Customer Question

My refrigerator display is flashing 88/89.........How do I reset it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
First, this error code means that your icemaker has failed and needs to be replaced. You can try to reset the error by pressing and holding the upper RIGHT and upper LEFT touchpad buttons for 5 seconds. If the error resets then great. If not then you need to replace the icemaker. If the error does reset and it comes back, again replace the icemaker. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?