John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Portable camp fridge Electrolux S/N 84701141 Model F400EGP

Customer Question

Portable camp fridge Electrolux S/N 84701141 Model F400EGP Problem has been sitting for a long time years the previous owner said it only ran on gas . Set it up for gas after giving a good shake . Let it run for 24 hours and only got small temperature decrease . Could this be a thermostat fault . Regards Stoney
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Was the gas tank connected to the fridge during the entire time it was unused? Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No gas bottle was connected to the fridge
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you. If the fridge is still running without cooling down any further, you'll need to consider the refrigerant charge in the sealed system needing recharging. I'll see what I can find on the subject, and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
There's no way for a DIYer to check the refrigerant charge, as it requires special test and charging equipment. Any local refrigeration technician can perform the task.If you're satisfied with my answer, please click the ACCEPT box. It's the way JustAnswer experts get pair for efforts on your behalf. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.