John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The finned agitator is no longer attached to the agitating shaft

Customer Question

the finned agitator is no longer attached to the agitating shaft and it generally floats during operation. what needs to be done to fix the problem.? thanks Bruce
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Bruce. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the top part of agitator tennes to ride up during washing.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: there appears to be nothing to hold the top part down.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the complete make and model of the unit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry we have had to purchase another machine as t is used for a business and we couldn't wait any longer. We expect we will not be charged for this.
Bruce Inch and Leonie Petersen