Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Anyone here to help with a former question?

Customer Question

anyone here to help with a former question?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! How may I help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
LRE30453ST is the LG range...electric...that I have. I set the temp to 425...unit heats to 380 only. I used this site before and they suggested the temp sensor be replaced. I did that today...doing the same thing. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I read through the history once I found it, thank you. So how are you measuring the temperature and does the display read as it is set or does it stay reading low?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Temp on the range says 380
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, even though you have it set at 425?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes. It beeped a few times after being on for a while and started cooling...but the temp on the range didn't change.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, so the control is measuring the temperature okay. That only really leaves the oven control. Something is not processing correctly. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok...you are the second person to suggest that. Last guy said IF this temp sensor didn't work, try that. I'm just trying to not spend enough money on parts to equal a new replacement...lol
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
someone else online is saying the lower element might be bad also...its hidden and I cant see it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
If you order through the link above, they allow returns on installed parts.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
That is true with the lower element but you stated it was getting red hot.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the one on top is red hot....cant actually see the other one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, so with that new information, we need to test the element. Can you access the back of the range so you can get to the lower element's wires? Do you have a meter to test with now?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I don't have a tester....and its all back together.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just now hearing about a lower heating element. Researching all I can.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, if you turn the oven to bake, in about 3 minutes, does the lower oven floor feel quite hot?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
haven't checked that. From what I understand...the broil element kicks up the heat the fastest...and at some point the lower element comes on to get up to the final temp.
Ill try to turn it on and check the bottom.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
The bake element will come on and stay on until hot. The broil element will cycle on and off during preheat then the bake element maintains the heat until the control is turned off.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It seems to be getting warm...but don't want to keep touching it til I get burnt.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
If it is getting warm and you are sure it is not radiant heat from the broil element, then the bake element is probably okay.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I might have to break down and pull it out again just to check. the other site I mentioned shows a control board that has a burnt spot on it. I wonder if the broken element shorted that out....The element was blistered and messed up in that article.
He mentioned replacing the board and the element. The oven heated to 385 and stalled. Then he smelled the new element burning off whatever was on it and the temp began to climb to the set temp.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is the control board in the very top of this unit?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
If you had a meter to test with it would be much better. We only have what you can provide to go by.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Yes, the oven display is on the main board with the power relays.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok ty! Not much more we can here til I pull it all apart again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Correct, let me know what you find!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you online?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I will be in and out for the rest of the evening and on all day tomorrow.