John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

What would be causes ERROR CODE "BLOCKED MOTOR"? I

Customer Question

What would be causes for the ERROR CODE "BLOCKED MOTOR"? I am a professional washer dryer repair guy and do mostly complete rebuilds of the traditional machines that were designed to last many years. However, I have expanded into many electronic models,,mostly WP Magtag with their Verd Mod Design and direct drive Cabrio Bravos,,,But now I want to do the GEs with the simular design of the WP "splutch trans. Today I have two of the aforementions BLOCKED MOTOR machines in from same apartment complex...so what should I check for? One has a transmissiion that I know is leaking water trough it and tub seal,,but the other has a new trans and complete new tub,,,that their MAINTANCE MAN replaced...and he is very limited so he may have overlooked something. They are no longer let him mess with the electronic machines.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Wow I thought I wrote you a book so far..LOL I just ran diagnoses and both machines display error code for BLOCKED MOTOR.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The motor is likely faulty. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WE JUST DID THIS !!!! DID YOU NOT GET MY MODEL NUMBER?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont want a guess of MOTOR MOST LIKELY,,,So please tell me how to check that it is or is not the motor, or control board,,,etc
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
I see no model number and it would appear that you are not likely going to be willing to work with me on this. I wish you well but will place your question back to the list.