Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Dacor range RSD30S often gives me F1 error code with the

Customer Question

My Dacor range RSD30S often gives me F1 error code with the beeping. As long as the oven is on it's OK. When off the F1 sometimes comes on immediately and sometimes it stays off for days. i don't want to replace the $700 control board, is there anything else I can do? Thanks W
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. ANSWER: Test procedure to determine if the touchpad or clock is bad.or steadly F1 codes:1. Leave the power on, as the F1 signals showing on display.Carefully take down the control panel or the maintop and access the back of the ERC/CLOCK.2. Find the flat ribbon coming off from the membrane (touch pad) going into the ERC/CLOCK.3. While the F1 is signaling, press cancel/secure and immediately disconnect the touch pad going into the ERC.If the Membrane is faulty, the F1 will cease, then replace the membrane.For Continuing F1After the above is completed follow the steps below.Inspect the Molex plug connection from the ERC to to the relay board for a shorted connection.Check relay board for cracked solder joints at the connection.ERC with F1 FailureThe F1 must be displayed in the ERC for this test.At the ERC check for 24 VDC at the J2 connector between pins 1 and 3 for single / lower oven.At the J5 connector between 7 and 10 for the lower oven (when the oven is not in a cooking mode).if you read 24 VDC at those test points, replace the ERC/CLOCK. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU