Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

2003 Ge profile range mod JGB908WEK7WW. Replaced computer board

Customer Question

2003 Ge profile range mod JGB908WEK7WW. Replaced computer board & oven door lock. Locks & unlocks nonstop. press bake says door. Already tried the 9 % 0 code will say lock do it again says unlock. Either way oven does not work. Thinking the computer board is defected.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
It sounds like you're on the right track. It's possible that your control board has failed, but you want to remove the door latch and make sure the 2 micro switches are working properly on the latch. There are 2 switches and one of them tells the oven when the door is locked, and one tells the oven when the door is unlocked. Make sure they are working properly to start. If that checks good, then you need to follow the wires and make sure they are not damaged all the way to the control board. If that all checks good, then you need to return the control board and get a new one. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?