Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Cherie. I am trying to take the top off the Model #DLEX5101V

Customer Question

cherie. I am trying to take the top off the Model #DLEX5101V LG DRYER. Everyone is saying it is easy. Just remove the 3 screws and push the top back. It is not working. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to replace the top. I dont know how to take it off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello I am Appliance Guru, If you have the back screws off check under the back edge of the panel for any other screws and make sure you have them removed if so these panels often get stuck hard on the units....If you have a RUBBER glove or gloves put them on and you need to simply strike the top of the unit hard straight back from both sides and it will slide back and off sometimes they can get really stuck, but it will slide back with applied force the rubber gloves will give you the grip you need. All I ask is please use the star rating system at the top of your page before leaving thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have unscrewed the 3 screws in the back, and hit the top from the front towards the back with a hammer. and it did not push back.
Take a picture of the back edge for me so I can see it to make sure you have everything removed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im just gonna call someone. Thank you.
OK no problem All I ask is please use the star rating system for me before leaving thank you