Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool duet washer model wfw72hedw0. It's a month

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet washer model wfw72hedw0. It's a month old. My wife attempted to run a heavy duty load without the hot water turned on. It gave us an error code for insufficient supply. She attempted to restart or reset the washer, but ultimately unplugged the power, then plugged it back in after 20 minutes or so. All we get when plugging it back in is constant running of the drain pump (which I verified is working by running water into the drum), a flashing door locked light, and a locked door. I manually unlocked the washer, rotated the drum a bit in either direction, poured some water in, closed the door and plugged it back in. Still nothing. I've also tried long pressing most of the buttons. Any suggestions or way to reset it somehow?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Your washer is just in flood mode. This occurs if the washer tries to fill with water for over 6 minutes and doesn't reach the proper water level. It's a very simple fix. Just turn the water on and make sure you have a good water supply to the washer. Then plug the washer in and leave it PLUGGED IN for 30 minutes. The drain pump will stop running and the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal again. If you unplug the washer, it will reset the timer and you'll have to leave it plugged in for 30 minutes again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I run water into the drum as well to prevent wear on the pump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And which cycle should I turn the knob to during this process?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
no, there is water stored to prime the pump it won't wear out. You don't touch the washer. No need to select any cycle. Just plug it in and leave it and let it do it's thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right on, will give it a go and check back in a half hour. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
good luck. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We ran a test load and the timer is blinking the remaining time of 47... Any thoughts
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
usually if the timer is blinking and not flashing an error code like F01 or something like that, then it means there are too many suds in the washer. If it's anything else than an error code should appear.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.