Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE Profile PDW9280JOOSS DH801933B making high pitch sound

Customer Question

GE Profile
making high pitch sound will not turn on
Have flipped circuit breaker twice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The high pitch speaker noise is an indication that means the touch control panel is shorted. Now that will definitely stop the dishwasher from turning on and if it won't reset when you flip the circuit breaker off, there is nothing you can do but replace the touchpad. Now I do want to add that sometimes the main control board can give a false error and perhaps it's just not sensing the touchpad is plugged in, but there is really no way to test for that so the touchpad would just need to be replaced first. The touchpad is part number WD34X10913. I'm very sorry about the bad news. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?