Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

DeLonghi Magnifica 3300 Espresso Machine spilling coffee grounds

Customer Question

DeLonghi Magnifica 3300 Espresso Machine spilling coffee grounds inside rather than in the proper disposal tray
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Using whole beans. Use the brew button for 1 or 2 cups. Seems like the normal hockey puck looking disc of coffee grounds does not go into the disposal tray, instead a lot of it just kind of spills all over the inside of the machine.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I am able to remove the infuser (I think thats what it is called) and do normal cleaning.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The machine is probably a bit plugged inside and will need to be totally disassembled and cleaned. Cleaning the brew unit has no effect on the spilling of the grounds?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Kelly, this reply is to general (for the non-technician) to be helpful. Please explain what I need to do to stop the coffee grounds from emptying into the unit before reaching the refuse tray. Thanks