Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler, I have the Sears #110.28002012 washer that does not

Customer Question

Tyler,
I have the Sears #110.28002012 washer that does not spin. My problem seems to be different than some on this site. When the unit gets to the spin cycle the "lid locked" light starts flashing and it starts to spin for a few seconds and then stops. The first time I was able to "pause" and start again and it was ok. Now it is getting worse to the point of: 1) not re-starting after "pausing" and the lid does not unlock. 2) the lid stays locked, light flashing, even when power button is pressed and unit is off. 3) It must be unplugged in order to get the lid to unlock at all. This happens on the "rinse/spin" and the "drain/ spin" cycles also. I will try to get a code out of it soon. What do you think??
Thanks,
Joe B.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. The flashing "lid locked" light only means there is an error, nothing more. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your actuator failing so that is the part I would replay if you can't pull up the error code. Below is a link to the actuator as well as a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace the part. CLICK HERE for actuator Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence. a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1/2 second.b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line. Just note which lights appear and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. There will be 2 sets of lights that appear and I need both sets to know what error you're getting. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?