Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag dryer does not dry our clothes. The heater does

Customer Question

my maytag dryer does not dry our clothes. The heater does not seem to work. The clothes are not even warm when we pull them out of the dryer. What is wrong with the dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.It sounds like your element went back or your high limit cut out went bad. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, the lower front panel will pull down and off. This will give you access to the heating element canister under the tub on the right side. Unplug the dryer and look on the left side of the heating canister. There are 2 little devices with 2 wires connected to each of them. The one near the back is your cut off. Check the resistance of this part and if it doesn't have continuity through it, it needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for cut out Of course if the heater doesn't have continuity through it that would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the heater. CLICK HERE for heater And if both those parts checks good and had continuity, you either aren't getting 220 volts to the dryer (only getting 110 volts) or your relay control board is bad and not sending power to the element so you'd have to replace the control board. Those are all the possibilities. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?