Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do you tighten up a agitator? It will move back and fourth

Customer Question

How do you tighten up a agitator? It will move back and fourth at the bottom and make it shake bad. It is a Admiral Model Awt4676801S/N C43523971.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
That model number doesn't appear to be correct. Can you look at the model number again and try to resend it please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK so on this washer to remove or tighten the agitator, you just pull up on the top plastic cap on the top of the agitator and it pops off. You can use a flat head screwdriver to pry on it if needed for help. Once that cap is removed, there is a bolt down the center that you can use to tighten the agitator down to the transmission shaft if it's loose. You can also loosen and remove the bolt if you want to pull the agitator completely up and out if the bolt is tight and you want to get a look under the agitator to see if it' stripped out or something like that where the agitator would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?