Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model no. Mdb7609aws2 no power to control panel? Matag

Customer Question

Model no. Mdb7609aws2 no power to control panel? Matag dishwasher.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Good morning and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer. CLICK HERE for videoBelow is a link to the fuse if you need to order it since that's the most likely culprit. Also, it's a round dime sized fuse which looks a lot different than the one in the video so you can see the picture of what you're looking for. CLICK HERE for fuse We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I will have a tech come out for that its been out for a couple months now but u just helped me with my fridge so I figured I would give it a try and get lucky but I need a beer now! Thanks again for ur help with fridge gave u 5 stars and top tip . Hope dont have to talk to u soon ! If u know what I mean . Lol.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Not a problem. I wish you only the best and sorry about all the appliance troubles you've been having.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** all these 5 years ago guess thats all u get out of them from china!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Yeah, 6-8 years is typically a normal life before you get a problem on these newer appliances.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Messed up! Last appliances we had for twenty years from sears and are still running at my sons house!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Aye, understood. That's just the way the industry is now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Roger that! Have a good one man!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
you do the same.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?