Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Last night when I was cooking supper my oven turned off on

Customer Question

Last night when I was cooking supper my oven turned off on its own. This happened another time a few weeks ago while cooking dinner. I don't know what model this range is.
I recently bought this house a few months ago. When I noticed I saw that the "oven on" light was off. I had to turn the temp. dial to off and set it back to the temperature and the oven had preheat over again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Can I get the model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The model number is *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Alright perfect. So unfortunately for this model, the only thing that can cause your problem is the display control board itself. Often times as an oven gets older the board will develop a glitch or the heat from the oven can start causing the board to act up. Either way, the board itself is the only thing that can shut the oven off and cause you o have to restart the heat if the "oven on" light is also going off. A bad igniter or valve or something like that wouldn't affect the light and the light would stay on trying to heat even though the oven isn't getting warmer. Now the problem is that the display board is part number WB27X5579 and that is no longer made. You could send it into a place like to have the board refurbished, but other than that you can try to look online for a used board somewhere like that if you wanted to repair the oven. I'm very sorry about the bad news. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?