Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Something you responded to 5 years ago onmaytag gemini oven

Customer Question

hi something you responded to 5 years ago onmaytag gemini oven top oven not heating weird becaUSE I JUST USED IT FRIDAY oops sorry for caps
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wont heat, no gas smell stays at 100 degrees bottom oven heats maytag gemini mgr6772bdb
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If the bottom oven heats and only the top oven is affected, it sounds like your igniter is in need of replacement. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $50. CLICK HERE for igniter We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was told this was 18 dollars then my email said 23 - please correct. I will purchase the ignitor. thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK I can send this to customer service and they can adjust the amount. But before they do that I ask that you rate my service because the question gets locked out when I send it to customer service and then I can't communicate with you and you can't communicate with me until they have finished.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?