Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I burned toast on Broil in my Frigidaire Stove. Now my oven

Customer Question

I burned toast on Broil in my Frigidaire Stove. Now my oven will not come on, Blinking light reads F 10 and blinks constantly about every second. Can you help me--this is getting OLD since I cannot use my oven for about an entire week????? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.F10 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ready when you are
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
I apologize but it appears your bank is blocking the phone call charges likely because they think they are fraudulent. You would need to contact your card company and allow the charges so I can accept this option to call you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?