John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag neptune gas dryer model MDG63000AWW serial

Customer Question

i have a maytag neptune gas dryer model MDG63000AWW serial 12286670UF. it runs fine but no heat at any setting..it has an electronic/spark ignition as it has no front access panel.. how and where do i check this ignition source..or is it best left to a pro
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
The first thing you need to do is remove the front panel on the dryer so you can start the dryer and see if the igniter glows when the dryer is running or not. To remove the front panel, open the door and remove the screws going in through the door hinge into the front panel. Remove these screws and remove the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door way. The front panel will then unclip from the top and hinge forward and down. Now run the dryer for 2 minutes and do you see an igniter glow below the drum? It would be very obvious if it glows.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?