Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore elite HE 5 Model #110.97701700 type:dadt-nat-1206006-EL20

Customer Question

kenmore elite HE 5 Model #110.97701700 type:dadt-nat-1206006-EL20 HE SENSING /REVISING LIGHT IS ON AND CLEAN LINT SCREEN LIGHT GOES ON TOO , VENT AND LINT SCREEN ARE PROPERLY CLEANED DRYER VENT IS CORRECT AND ROUTED PROPERLY , IS THERE A RESET BUTTON
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
There is not a reset button for this issue. There are 3 things that can cause your problem. But with a comforter, the most like and first thing to check is your fuse. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat white plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this fuse to correct your problems if the fuse doesn't have continuity. The reason the fuse fails with comforters is because it can really restricts the air flow causing the vent to overheat and blow the thermal fuse. The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.