Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

Have GE Monogram 30" Convention Wall Ovemn whrer I just started

Customer Question

Have GE Monogram 30" Convention Wall Ovemn whrer I just started the clean cycle by setting oven and Temp dials to clean and just a moment later i opened the door to be sure no al. foil was in the oven, and a moment later the door would not close as the latch was set. The front panel is flashing "locked" and will not let the door close entirely. I put both dials back to off and have waited hours for the latch to open with no luck. Also I have shut the power off and opened the door to be sure the oven is cool, all with no results.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I sent it to you already
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 6 months ago.
hello , turn the breaker back on ..around the door frame or lock area is a switch for lite and lock ,push that in and keep it pushed in ..then turn the dials with other hand to put back into self clean..if it starts the selfclean cycle let it go for 30 -40seconds then cancel the self clean all the while holding that switch in around the door frame ..see if the latch retracts ..