Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag bravos washer and it was on a clean cycle and. It way

Customer Question

maytag bravos washer and it was on a clean cycle and. It way have been 10min into and it started filling again but was coming thru liquid
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Fabric softner fill the two outlets had water coming out but it acted
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Like it couldn't keep up or handle volume and came over top
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you! I am not sure I understood the question or the issue can you please explain it again?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When on the "clean cycle" and the tank is filing thru the fabric softener compartment it appears that the volume of water is too much for the fill and it is either overfilling or cracked
Often the fabric softener dispenser does crack or gets plugged up. You would need to pop the top on the unit and check it out and clean out the hose to it and see if it is cracked. It is fixable and is a fairly common issue on that unit.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Odds are fill hose cracked or dispenser
Yes correct