John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We replaced the bottom oven element but now our oven won't

Customer Question

We replaced the bottom oven element but now our oven won't heat up. The top broil part of our oven works fine.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I pretty much explained everything. Our Maytag oven has 2 doors. The smaller on top and the bigger door on the bottom. We had to replace the bottom element on the bottom door area because it burnt and broke apart. We replaced the element but can't seem to get any heat now. The top broiler works fine.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Any assistance would be appreciated. We don't know if it's the wiring, if the element was installed properly, or if there is something else we need to do now that we replaced the element.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you! First does the broil element work in the lower oven when set to broil?