Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Having problems with Friigidaire Gallery Electric Range. Upon

Customer Question

Having problems with Friigidaire Gallery Electric Range. Upon selecting the bake cycle temperature setting, the temperature rises very very slowly and does not exceed 184 degrees withion one half hour of start time. The broiler barely heats up at all.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! I suspect you have an issue with the voltage to the elements. Do the top burners get red hot and work fine?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
How about the convection setting is it not working as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I will send the phone call option, there is an additional charge for that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this charge beyound the initial charge of $28
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, phone service is in addition to the questions charge. This is a pretty simple problem, I can explain it easily. Do the top burners get red hot and work fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, top burners works.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If the top burners work, we know that power to the range is adequate. Since the oven is heating a little it, we know that there is no open thermal fuse and the element is good. So, that only leaves the oven control as suspect. It controls the voltage to the oven elements. The oven control is shown as number 20 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE That control is accessed by removing the rear access panel (number 1) after the range is pulled out. The control is held in place by four screws and all wire connections will simply unplug and plug in. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLiCK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All control functions are illustrated on the control board even the temp range that's currently showing a 262 degrees.After being on for a hour or more. With those indication showing will that eliminate a bad control board. The left top burner dual range position dosen't not work in one position.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The problem is not with the display but with the power relays on the oven control. They are not energizing the elements with the correct voltage. Do you have a meter to test with and we can verify that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i have digital multimeter
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! If you remove the back to expose the terminals for the bake and broil elements, test between the two terminals on each element when they should be on. You should read 240 VAC, do you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not reading but 125 VDC at both bake and broil elements.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the L2 relay on the oven control is faulty. The oven control has been confirmed faulty and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, now could you identify in a diagram the position and location of oven control for replacement.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The oven control is shown as number 20 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE That control is accessed by removing the rear access panel (number 1) after the range is pulled out. The control is held in place by four screws and all wire connections will simply unplug and plug in. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLiCK HERE