Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

I have a really bad odor coming from the downdraft on my cook

Customer Question

I have a really bad odor coming from the downdraft on my cook top. Can the exhaust duct be cleaned or deodorized?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. On your unit the vent will vent out under your slap of the house and vent out on the side of the house. You can go outside and look for a vent on the side of the house just a few inch's to a foot off the ground. Most vents have a cover with vents to keep the critters from getting in. But I have found that some still get in the vent and either have babies or die in the vent. You might be able to flash a flashlight in and see what is going on. I would call a duct cleaning company to have it cleaned professionally.I know that is not what you want to here on a Saturday. Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit and they get nothing.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.
What did you find?