Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I'm Latisha.. I have an Tappan 30223423 gas range and

Customer Question

Hello, I'm Latisha.. I have an Tappan 30223423 gas range and i have know idea how to light the oven
JA: Sometimes, Latisha, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i just have know idea where to light it t
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: theres nothing else
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
This oven has an electric igniter to light the oven. All you should need to do is select bake and the temperature you desire and the oven should do all the reset. If it sits there not heating up, then it sounds like your igniter may have failed or become weak and won't open the oven gas safety valve. If you have a multimeter you can pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel to test power between the 2 wires going to the bake igniter when the oven is set to bake at 350 degrees. If you have 110 volts, then you have a bad igniter. Now most people won't have a multimeter or know how to use one so if you wanted to guess you could replace the igniter below the floor. Igniters tend to last about 6-8 years on average and then get too weak to open up the oven gas safety valve so the igniter just needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the igniter you'd need to order and replace for your model. To access you'll need to remove the floor inside your oven and work your way down to the igniter. CLICK HERE for igniter We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the is no bake setting knob just a temperature setting knob
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Yes but when you turn that knob it should turn the oven onto bake. the testing process is still the same to determine if you have a bad control or a bad igniter. Just test for 120 volts between the 2 wires going to the bake igniter when the oven is set to bake at 350 degrees. If you have power then replace the igniter. If you don't have power then the thermostat behind that knob needs to be replaced
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
could you tell me where the thermostat is located because on the on the bake ignitier on the left side of the wiring power is going all the way up the ignitier and the left it only goes half way up
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The thermostat should be the part that the knob is attached to which you turn to adjust the temperature.