Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My oven and stove were working earlier. Then I turned it off.

Customer Question

My oven and stove were working earlier. Then I turned it off. Then I turned it on 1/2 later, came back to take out dish, and it says LOC. oven and stovetop won't go in On
JA: Sometimes, Loc, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it. I need it to work . Having birthday party for my father w 20 people
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
LOC means that your control panel is locked. You should be able to press and hold a button for 5 seconds to unlock your control panel. Look on your touchpad and see if you can find a button that has a padlock symbol on it or says control lock and press and hold that for 5 seconds to remove it. If you can't locate it, then I can tell you which button(s) to press and hold to remove the control lock if you give me the full model number. The model is usually located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?